Home Hair Loss Herbal Hair Loss Remedies
Herbal remedies are quite popular in non-industrialized societies. Herbs play an important role in traditional Indian and Chinese medication. In recent times herbs have come to dominate the western world as natural remedies. The reason for their popularity is that they have fewer side effects and they can work very well. Though there is no overnight fix for hair loss, you may notice a difference in the thickness, strength, volume and sheen after using herbal hair growth remedies. Herbal remedies increase circulation, disinfect the scalp and stimulate hair growth.
Some Herbal Hair Loss RemediesHerbs support your body’s natural healing mechanisms. Herbal remedies are are fashionable for their cosmetic use, but as miracle solutions they are overrated. The benefit of herbal remedies is that they have more limited side effects, if any. Let’s discuss some popular herbs and their benefits in hair loss remedy.
- Green tea (Camellia sinesis) - Catechins found in green tea inhibit the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase that converts testosterone into hair-unfriendly DHT. So, drinking great tea everyday is an effective treatment for male pattern baldness.
- Ayurvedic Antistress Tea – A mixed drink of Nardostachys jatamamsi and Bacopa monnieri 2 to 3 times a day relieves stress and prevents hair loss.
- Ginko biloba - It improves blood circulation to the scalp and skin. Taking 120-160mg of dry Ginko extract each day can keep your hair follicles rejuvenated.
- Saw palmetto (Seranoa repens) - This is the most admired herb that slows hair loss and encourages hair regrowth. It is a core element of many hair loss formulations. The recommended dose is a 160mg capsule twice each day.
- He Shou Wu (Polygonum multiflorum) - It is Chinese herb used in many commercial preparations for hair loss remedy.
- Pygeum (Pygeum africanum) - It is used to treat prostate problems and male pattern baldness. Recommended dosage is 60-500mg per day.
- Stinging Nettle (Urtica diocia) - It blocks the conversion of testosterone into DHT. It works wonder if taken in combination with Pygeum and Saw Palmetto.
Oriental Herbal Hair Growth Remedies
- Cinnamon and Dragon Bone: is a better remedy for round spots of alopecia and for persons with vertigo.
- Mixture of Bupleurum and Dragon Bone: may be effective for round alopecia spots. It is also enhances overall body health and gives relief from nervousness.
- Siler and Platycodon Formula: It promotes hair growth and gives relief from fatigue and constipation.
Herbal Hair Growth Tips
- Rinse your hair with sage tea and apple cider vinegar for some time and rinse again with catmint. It will keep your scalp healthy and reduce hair loss.
- Drink juice of Aloe, nettles, birch leaves and watercress. This drink is an excellent blood purifier and skin cleaner.
- Drink tea made from raspberry and blackberry leaves. It is good for your kidneys.
- Use shampoo made from horsetail. Horsetail is a rich source for silica. It keeps your hair strong, shiny and sleek.
- Massage your scalp regularly with tinctures of stinging nettle, birch, horsetail and rosemary for hair growth stimulation, to disinfect the scalp and to increase blood circulation.
- Mix rosemary with cleansing shampoo and apply in your hair. It works as a good anti-dandruff treatment.
- Massage the oil of arnica, marigold, rosemary and southernwood into the scalp. It is very useful in hair loss.