Home Hair Loss Choosing a Hair Loss Remedy
Products for hair loss remedy have become the rage in the cosmetic industry. It is a big business on the internet also. No wonder, you might come across some scams that promise “unbelievable hair regain”. So, before you decide to tackle your hair loss problem choose the best hair loss remedy suitable to you.
First, consult your doctor. There are various medical reasons for hair loss so there are as many remedies also. Yours might not be a case of permanent hair loss and you can regrow the hair just by taking a few simple treatments.
Don’t be duped by over-the-counter drugs. Diagnose the cause of your hair loss and start the search for the right kind of hair loss remedies. Ask your doctor to administer your medications or suggest a specialist to you. In both the cases you will get satisfactory assessment of the causes of your hair loss.
Hair loss does not necessarily need to be treated. In clinical terms it is not a disease, but just a condition of losing hair. It does not give trouble to your body, though unhealthy hair might reflect unhealthiness of the body. However, baldness does affect your looks. And some people are over-concerned with its remedy, they take it seriously as if they have cancer.
So, weigh all the factors and calculate what dividend you will get from a hair loss remedy. Go for a hair loss treatment if your profession demands, or if you are loosing hair at a premature age. And remember there is no rush, think about all the options. Spend much time to educate yourself about various hair loss remedies available on the market. Ask the questions about various treatments, side effects, costs etc. Researching at all possible avenues will make you know what’s junk and what the real stuff in hair loss treatment is.
Some Herbal Hair Loss RemediesHerbs support your body’s natural healing mechanisms. Herbal remedies are a rage in market for hair care products for their cosmetic uses. But herbal remedies are overrated as miracle solutions. The benefits of herbal remedies is that they have fewer side effects, if any. Let’s discuss some popular herbs and their benefits in hair loss remedy.
- Green tea (Camellia sinesis) - Catechins found in green tea inhibit the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase that converts testosterone into hair-unfriendly DHT. So, drinking great tea everyday may be an effective treatment for male pattern baldness.
- Ginko biloba - It improves blood circulation to the scalp and skin. Taking 120-160mg of dry Ginko extract each day may keep your hair follicles rejuvenated.
- Saw palmetto (Seranoa repens) - This is the most admired herb that slows hair loss and encourages hair regrowth. It is a core element of many natural hair loss formulations. The recommended dose is a 160mg capsule twice each day.
- He Shou Wu (Polygonum multiflorum) - It is a Chinese herb used in many commercial preparations for hair loss remedy.
- Pygeum (Pygeum africanum) - It is used to treat prostate problems and male pattern baldness. Recommended dosage is 60-500mg per day.
- Stinging nettle (Urtica diocia) - It blocks the conversion of testosterone into DHT. It works wonders if taken in combination with Pygeum and Saw Palmetto.
Baldness – Myth and Reality
- Wearing of hats, caps, turbans or helmets does not lead to baldness.
- Air pollution does not cause baldness.
- Cosmetics, soaps, shampoos or conditioners don’t cause baldness.
- Scalp tonics don’t help the hair regrow.
- There is no link between baldness and fertility.