Home Hair Care Hair Care for Women
Hair care for WomenThe hair you have is determined at birth by your genetic makeup and can’t be changed. But with proper hair care, you can enhance the look and strength of hair. So evaluate all professional hair care products and choose one that suits you. You can also try the various natural home remedies for hair growth.
A Few Hair Care Procedures for WomenDrink plenty of water for your hair if you want shiny and supple hair. Keep your hairs away from sun and don’t do too much blow-drying. Take a protein-rich diet, massage your scalp regularly and apply natural hair conditioners for soft and supple hair.
Massaging Your Scalp
A good scalp massage stimulates blood circulation in the roots. It takes just 2 to 3 minutes to get a scalp massage.
A proper scalp massage consists of the following steps.
- Use a brush made of animal bristles having naturally rounded tips.
- The bristles of your brush must be evenly spaced, embedded in rubber, and attached to a sturdy handle. Rubber cuts down on the static electricity that is built up at the time of brushing.
- Don’t brush through a tangle. Use some cream to loosen the tangle and then brush.
- Apply shampoo in warm water, and brush gently after each bath.
- Give yourself a brush massage once a week.
- Use a comb with thin and widely spaced teeth.
- The comb should be sturdy enough not to bend when you run it through your hair.
- Don’t pull the comb through a tangle.
- Wash the comb every time you wash your hair. Though use of hair care tools for massaging, brushing and combing is same, you need to take specific hair care products and undergo specific procedures as per your hair type. Let’s discuss one by one.
Oily hair is a gift. Generally oily hair is very strong and healthy.
However, it can become stringy and limp, and is prone to dandruff.
- Brush your hair regularly and massage your scalp. It will promote blood circulation in the scalp.
- Use a cleansing-only shampoo that contains citric acid / lemon juice or malic acid.
- If you have dandruff, use a shampoo with sulfur.
- Use conditioners with hydrolyzed proteins or silicones.
- Add juice of 1 lemon in a cup of warm water and apply after shampooing. After a few minutes rinse out the lemon juice with cold water. It will make your hair shiny.
- Use mousse to add volume to your hair.
- Dry your hair naturally.
- Don’t use hair spray.
Dry hair occurs when your scalp produces oils less than the amount required to
moisturize the shaft. This condition arises if you have few oil glands. Dry hair is brittle.
- Clean and soften your hair with an emollient shampoo.
- If you have dandruff, use a shampoo with coal tar.
- Dry your hair naturally.
- If the hair ends are extra dry, use a conditioner with a lot of protein.
- Use alcohol free hair styling products.
- Apply a little facial moisturizer to your hair and brush gently to distribute the moisturizer.
- Use only professional hair care products and/or home remedies for hair.
Coarse hair is a type of hair that is very dull and hard to style. Curly hair falls in this category.
- Use alkaline hair care products to soften the shaft.
- Use a shampoo without proteins.
- Wash your hair with warm water.
- Don’t use conditioners, but use a simple cream rinse with hot water.
- Rinse your hair with warm water at least for a minute.
- Don’t rub, use a towel and pat your hair gently to dry your hair.
- Use a styling product.
- After drying the hair, apply a little facial moisturizer and brush your hair to distribute the moisturizer.
If you have done much processing to your hair by perming, coloring or straightening, you need to be little gentle with it for sometime. Your processed hair might have become brittle and weak.
- Use a shampoo rich in oil, protein, and moisturizer, and low in pH. These ingredients will firm up the shaft and make it stronger.
- Don’t use hard rinses, use a hair repair conditioner.
- Try home remedies for hair growth.
Flat hair is condition when your hair is heavily laden with conditioners and other stylizing products. They make the shaft heavy so that the hair lies flat on the scalp.
- Remove the built-up residue by a simple cleaning shampoo after using a conditioner twice or three times.
- Use volumizing shampoo and volume thickening foam.
- Don’t use conditioner every time you wash.