Home HairCare Products Professional HairCare Products
Non-professional and professional hair care products are distinguished by their quality. Professional hair care products are made for specific hair types. Whereas non-professional hair care products focus on certain aspects of hair beauty like cleansing capacity, shine, strength etc. There is rarely any differentiation for different hair types. But that situation has been changing and their difference is being blurred day by day.
All non-professional products are not bad, but you run the risk of choosing a product that may cause build up, dryness, color fading, breakage, lifelessness, frizziness etc. That means if you choose to use a non-professional product, you should monitor your hair closely for any adverse affects.
Pros and cons apart, your wallet and the condition of your hair determine the choice of your product.
Generally Hair Care Products can be divided into three types:
- Hair Shampoo
- Hair Conditioner
- Hair colors
Professional hair care is a catch-all term that embraces hair care as well as hair styling.
Professional Hair Care Guide Ė Doís and Doníts
- Trim your hair at least once in every 6 weeks. It ensures less hair breakage and split ends.
- Don’t cleanse your hair daily, it might rob your hair of essential oils, but wash and leave it to dry naturally.
- Don’t rub your hair vigorously with a towel.
- Don’t leave shampoo and/or conditioner in your hair. Shampoo and conditioners might counteract styling products and make your hair unmanageable.
- Don’t blow-dry your hair completely, blow-dry up to 80% and let it dry naturally. It is much better to dry 100% naturally.
- While drying, hold your dryer at least 30 cm away from your hair.
- Use professional hair care products.
- Use cleansing shampoo once a week.